The River Room is ready to help your company with your sales meetings, team building events, group trainings, or quarterly meetings. We offer many different floor layouts to fit any of your needs.
The River Room’s fantastic view and rustic feel is the perfect place for your next event! Depending upon the layout of your event, we can accommodate up to 120 people. The River Room has a deck on the side of the JW Brooks Building that is available for deck games too! The deck can be rented for an additional cost.
The River Room is located in the historic JW Brooks Building. The JW Brooks Building began construction in 1899 and restored in 1920. The building was originally a fish market and fisherman would sell the fresh catch right into wagons on Water Street. In turn, produce and dry goods were sold back onto the boats from local farmers. When the building was renovated in 1920, it became a wholesale grocery called Brooks Cash Grocery Company. It was the first overwater warehouse in Historic Downtown Wilmington! The grocery store closed in the late 1980’s until the building was restored as retail shops and condominiums. The JW Brooks Building completed modern renovations in 1999 and The River Room found it’s home in October of 2009 and has been throwing amazing parties and events ever since!
$450.00 for 4 hours, $100.00 per/hour for each additional hours. Here’s what’s included with your rental:
- 50 White Resin Chairs
- 8 five ft. round tables
- 4 six ft. buffet tables
- 3 cocktail tables
- 1 four ft. rectangular table
- 2 decorative glass tables
- 2 coolers behind the bar
- Dimmable Edison string lights
Additional tables, chairs, glassware, and ALL linens can be rented from a local rental company.
- Dedicated Wi-Fi & Internet access
- Use of catering food prep area with refrigerator, microwave, and commercial sink with hot & cold water
- Use of in-house system for background music
- 12 ft. Ceiling drop down screen
Audio Visual Add on’s and Equipment Available for Rent:
- Wireless Mic (handheld or Lapel) added to house system – $75.00
- 1000 Watt Powered Speaker on a stand – $75.00
- Projector with A/V cart – $100.00
- A/V cart with Power strip – $25.00